Product Number: 19447
The RailGrab 2 by Yakima is a low profile piece for your on-the-top racks, and attaches to almost any kind of rail on the roof of your car. Just put it on and it won't let go with patented technology you won't find this sort of strength in any other "rail grabber".
The RailGrabs come in a set of 2 towers that attach load bars to factory raised or flush siderails.
* This product does not qualify for shipping to all countries.
- Broader range of fit - from raised to flush side rails
- Grabs hold of the crossbar with an iron grip
- Lower profile provides sleek, integrated look
- Install towers in seconds and stays put for easy removal
- Lockable with SKS cores - sold separately
- Patented technology. So don't expect to see this stuff on another website.
- Sold with 2
Weight: 0.8lbs. per tower
Vendor ProductId: 8000139
Review ProductId: 19447
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy To Install
- Easy To Use
Comments about Yakima Racks RailGrab 2:
This specifically helps with the preinstalled factory fore-aft rack (without factory installed cross bars). We had the Claw system, but our Saturn Outlook's fore-aft bars prevented the Yakima cross bars from being more than 20" apart due to Saturns funny design and the Yakima Claws inability to grip on much of the Saturns bars (OK for skis on our '08 Saturn Outlook but that was about it). Now with one set of two RailGrabs, the back bar can be positioned far enough toward the back on our vehicle that the spread can be widened significantly to accomodate kayaks, bikes, skis, cargo holders, etc., because the RailGrab can grip where the Claw could not. Since I already had four Claws systems racks, I only needed two RailGrabs to make it work and kept the two Claws holding the foreward Yakima cross bar to the factory rails (4 RailGrabs would have worked too).
- Was this a gift?: