Peregrine 2 Shoe (Men's) (out-of-stock)
Out of Stock Product Number: 29502
The second edition of the trail blazing shoe is even more minimal in the upper. Using the same platform it continues to be low profile and have incredible responsiveness and traction for uneven surfaces.
- Gusset Tongue
- Gaiter compatible
- A superior lining material that has great moisture wicking properties as well as a plush hand feel
- Premium Sockliner: Breathable, moisture wicking, anti-odor and antimicrobial Ortholite® insole provides improved step-in comfort with rebound properties
- HRC+ Strobel Board: An additional 1.5mm of EVA in the strobel board enhances the step-in-comfort for an incredibly plush ride
- Heel ProGrid™ LITE: Saucony's latest version of ProGrid is 20% more responsive than EVA and continues to provide great cushioning
- SSL EVA: Saucony's most advanced EVA blend that maximizes rebound and durability while minimizing weight
- 4mm Offset: Heel-to-toe differential of the shoe, excluding the strobel board and sockliner
- High Traction Rubber outsole: Lightweight, with exceptional traction and grip for off road conditions
- XT-900 Outsole: A carbon rubber outsole material that offers exceptional traction properties without sacrificing durability
- External Bedrock outsole (EBO): Saucony's plate that protects the foot from rocks, stones and other debris
Shoe Lining: Hydramax Collar Lining
Shoe Sole: High Traction Rubber,EBO, XT 900
Vendor ProductId: 20148-1
Review ProductId: 29502
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Great in Mud
- Low heel drop
- Minimal upper
- Toothy tread
- Truly a neutral shoe
- Not much cushioning
- Plain colors
- Trail running
I have about 200 miles on my Peregrines right now, and I am absolutely in love with this shoe. I'd been trying to find a trail running shoe with a minimal heel drop, which really seems to help my patellar tendonitis and keeps my knees from taking a beating with each heel strike... but it seems like most of the minimal trail shoes out there are way too minimal unless you weigh 90 pounds and bound through the woods like a deer.
Enter the Peregrine. Saucony has put a legit trail-shoe sole, with toothy lugs and adequate rock protection, onto a shoe with a 4mm heel drop. Now you can have a running shoe with more natural geometry, like the Kinvara, without sacrificng traction or protection. A lot of the other minimalist running shoes out there look like slippers in comparison!
Here in Tennessee, our trails are rocky and rooty and muddy, and I'm not going to run in slippers. The Peregrine is my answer. The Peregrine 2 improves upon the original with a much more flexible, breathable upper, which was my only complaint with the original generation of this shoe.
Wish the colors were brighter, though. I'm jealous of the bright colors the women's shoe gets!!