Stop Descender (no-sku-product)
Product Number: 9198
The Stop Descender by Petzl is a device constructed for self braking on rappel with a single rope. Moving downwards on a rope can be an exhilarating experience, especially into canyons or caves where going too fast could be detrimental. Thread your rope through the Stop, and control your speed by varying your grip on the free end of the rope. Pull up on the lever and when you feel as if you need to stop for any reason, you simply release the lever, completely "stopping" your movement.
A spring clip allows the rope to be inserted without removing the device from your harness and you can actually climb back up the rope, without adjusting the Stop, with the use of an etrier and a jumar.
- Self-braking system operates when the handle is released.
- The rate of descent is controlled by varying the grip on the free end of the rope.
- Rope climbing is possible without changing the position of the STOP by adding a foot loop and a handled rope clamp / grab.
- Spring clip allows the rope to be inserted without removing the STOP from the harness.
- Replaceable cam and friction bobbin.
- For safety and/or sanitary reasons, this product CANNOT be returned
Weight: 326 g/.7 oz
Vendor ProductId: D09
Review ProductId: 9198
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Highly recommended
- Weather Resistant
- Extreme Conditions
Comments about Petzl Stop Descender:
This is a nice addition to anyones gear kit . I have found them indespensable when doing a drop assist or if I have to adjust to pass a knot .They also work great on gear movement both up and down .I have 4 of these .