Grigri 2 New
In Stock Product Number: 25703
The Grigri 2 belay device with assisted braking is designed to facilitate belay maneuvers. The Grigri 2 works equally well for lead climbing and top roping. It may be used on all 8.9 to 11 mm dynamic single ropes (optimized for 9.4 mm to 10.3 mm ropes). Compact and lightweight, the Grigri 2 will accompany you for many years, on climbs all over the world. The Grigri 2's design allows for excellent descent control.
- Hand motions are the same as with classic belay systems: both hands on the rope. A fall is stopped by gripping the brake side of the rope with your hand.
- Assisted braking: during fall arrest, the belayer holds the brake side of the rope, the cam pivots and pinches the rope, increasing the braking action until the rope stops sliding
- The GRIGRI 2's design allows for excellent descent control. One hand holds the rope and the other uses the handle to unlock the cam. The patented handle design allows a very gradual release of the rope. Combined with the strong braking action of the cam, it gives a great feeling of security when lowering a partner or rappelling.
- The GRIGRI 2 is compact and very light at 170 g
- Built with a stainless steel friction plate and cam to ensure a long life for the product
- For 8.9 to 11 mm single ropes (optimized for 9.4 mm to 10.3 mm ropes)
- Diagrams for rope installation engraved on belay device (interior and exterior)
- Weight: 170 Gram
- Rope compatibility: single ropes between 8.9 and 11 mm in diameter
- Material(s): aluminum side plates, stainless steel cam and friction plate, reinforced nylon handle
- Certification(s): CE EN 15151, UIAA
Vendor ProductId: D14BT
Review ProductId: 25703
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Petzl Grigri 2 New:
The Grigri 2 is a great belay device. It sets the standard for belaying. It is lighter than the original Grigri and has the same features. It is the best auto-locking belay device I have ever used.