In Stock Product Number: 25703
The GRIGRI 2 belay device with assisted braking is designed to facilitate belay maneuvers. The GRIGRI 2 works equally well for lead climbing and top roping. It may be used on all single dynamic 8.9 to 11 mm ropes on the market (ideal at 9.4 mm to 10.3 mm). Both compact and ultra-light, the GRIGRI 2 will accompany you on climbs around the world for many years. The GRIGRI 2 has a new design that allows excellent control during the descent.
- Belay technique identical to classic belay systems: both hands on the rope. A fall is stopped by tightening the hand on the free end of the rope.
- Assisted braking capability: during fall arrest, the belayer holds the free end of the rope, the cam pivots and pinches the rope, increasing the braking action until the rope stops sliding.
- The GRIGRI 2 has a new design that allows excellent control during the descent. One hand holds the rope and the other uses the handle to unlock the cam. The patented handle design allows a very gradual release of the rope. In combination with the strong braking action of the cam, it gives a great feeling of control when lowering a partner or rappelling.
- The GRIGRI 2 is compact and ultra-light at 185 g (25 % smaller and 20 % lighter than the GRIGRI)
- The construction includes a stainless steel friction plate and cam to ensure a long life for the product
- For 8.9 to 11 mm single ropes (ideal at 9.4 to 10.3 mm)
- Diagrams for rope installation engraved on belay device (interior and exterior)
- Certification: prEN 15151
- For safety and/or sanitary reasons, this product CANNOT be returned
Material: Aluminum side plates, stainless steel cam and friction plate, reinforced nylon handle
Season: F12 S13
Vendor ProductId: D14 2B
Review ProductId: 25703
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Petzl Grigri 2:
The Grigri 2 is a great belay device. It sets the standard for belaying. It is lighter than the original Grigri and has the same features. It is the best auto-locking belay device I have ever used.