Ultralight River Crampons
In Stock Product Number: 39333
After too many slips, slides and near-falls while fly fishing the Skeena’s famously slick, cobbled runs, we came home determined to find a better traction solution. Drawing on his mountaineering experience, Yvon Chouinard disappeared into the Tin Shed and went to work. The result? Our River Crampons, the highest-traction wading device ever built. The secret is the widely spaced aluminum-bar treads, which are hard enough to cut through algae and slime, yet soft enough to grip the rock itself. This season, we’ve made the River Crampons significantly lighter and more flexible by mounting the bars to a fully adjustable, recycled plastic frame, which is held in place with an easy-on, easy-off harness system. The new Ultralight River Crampon fits over any wading boot and comes in two sizes: S/M for size 6 through 10 boots, and L/XL for 10 through 14. Simple, easily cleaned design and fast-drying materials help stop invasive species transport. U.S. patent pending.
* This product does not qualify for shipping to all countries.
- Recycled plastic frame is more flexible and lighter in weight
- Hard biting aluminum bars perform outstandingly well in virtually all challenging wading conditions
- Adjustable length adapts to any wading boot without tools
- Durable materials won’t corrode in either fresh or salt water
- Adjustable harness system allows the crampon to be removed easily for extended hiking
- Crampons won’t damage boat interiors as long as you’re careful; much better than cleats
- U.S. patent pending
Weight: 910 g (32.1 oz)
Material: Recycled plastic frame with riveted aluminum bars, with corrosion-resistant, fiberglass impregnated neoprene harness system
Season: F14 S15 F15
Vendor ProductId: 79196
Review ProductId: 39333