Super Alpine Jacket (Men's)
In Stock Product Number: 41656
Wind howls, spindrift blasts and cornices loom across ridges. Up or down? Those who endure big mountains – whether ski mountaineering or alpine climbing – know that bomber protection is as crucial as decision making. The Super Alpine Jacket protects against the worst possible weather with the best available waterproof/breathable and windproof fabrics. It features 3-layer nylon new generation GORE-TEX Pro fabric – now significantly more breathable, but with the same renowned protection and durability – with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish, a tough nylon outer shell with key-area reinforcements, and a distinct micro-grid interior that helps optimize breathability. Two harness-compatible handwarmer pockets have a clean, pressed-pleat design that lets you see your feet but also allows the pockets to expand without bulky seams. Trim, watertight zippers for the pockets and pit zips are laminated in place to reduce weight and bulk; a small internal zippered chest pocket stows small valuables. The underarm gussets keep the jacket in place when you lift your arms, and the Gasket Dry Cuffs seal out the elements at the wrists. Our helmet-compatible, 2-way-adjustable Optimal Visibility Hood has a laminated visor and sleek Touch Point System embedded cord locks (in the hood and hem) for quick adjustment without opening the jacket.
* This product does not qualify for shipping to all countries.
- New generation GORE-TEX Pro fabric delivers the same trusted levels of uncompromised, durable waterproofness, but with an even better range of breathability
- Helmet-compatible Optimal Visibility Hood with laminated visor for good visibility in poor conditions
- Touch Point System with embedded cord locks in hood and hem for quick-and-easy adjustment
- Gusseted underarm panels let you reach without raising the body of the jacket
- Harness- and pack-compatible Pressed Pleat Pockets increase capacity without adding seams
- Supple, watertight Slim Zips are laminated in place to reduce bulk
- Pleated Gasket Dry Cuffs provide a tight, low-profile wrist seal
- 3-layer, 3.8-oz 40-denier 100% nylon GORE-TEX Pro fabric. Reinforcements: 3-layer, 4.9-oz 150-denier 100% nylon GORE-TEX Pro fabric. Shell and reinforcements have a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
Material: 3-layer, 3.2-oz 40-denier 100% nylon GORE-TEX Pro fabric. Reinforcements: 3-layer, 3.7-oz 40-denier 100% nylon ripstop GORE-TEX Pro fabric. Shell and reinforcements have a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
Season: F14 S15 F15
Vendor ProductId: 83647
Review ProductId: 26900
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Alpine Climbing
- Wet weather
- Winter conditions
Comments about Patagonia Super Alpine Jacket (Men's):
Talk about a good first impression. Right after I got this jacket I was in the thick of it that was Super Storm/ Hurricane Sandy. In both the rain and the snow that it dumped on us it certainly proved its worth. Hands down my favorite thing about this jacket is the wrist gaskets...what a great addition. The fit is spot on as it is cut athletic but easy to layer underneath as the temps drop. At this point I have been through multiple Gore-tex Shells and this is my favorite so far. Its burly and is taking all the abuse I can give it. As a disclaimer I test products for the Gore company.