Super Alpine Jacket (Men's)
Out of Stock Product Number: 26900
Wind howls, spindrift blasts and cornices loom across ridges. Up or down? Those who endure big mountains—whether ski mountaineering or alpine climbing—know that bomber protection is as crucial as decision-making. The newly refined Super Alpine Jacket protects against the worst possible weather with the best available waterproof/breathable and windproof fabrics. It features a lighter, yet still durable 3-layer nylon new generation GORE-TEX Pro fabric with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and key-area reinforcements, and a redesigned technical fit with a slimmer torso and longer hem. The two harness-compatible handwarmer pockets have an improved single-pleat design that lets you see your feet but also allows the pockets to expand without bulky seams. Trim, watertight zippers for the pockets and pit zips are laminated in place to reduce weight and bulk; a small internal zippered chest pocket stows small valuables. The underarm gussets keep the jacket in place when you lift your arms, and the Gasket Dry Cuffs still seal out the elements at the wrists but are now far more streamlined. Our reengineered, adjustable and helmet-compatible Optimal Visibility Hood has a laminated visor and the sleek Touch Point System embedded cord locks (in the hood and hem) have been improved for easier adjustment without opening the jacket.
* This product does not qualify for shipping to all countries.
- Built with two lightweight, fine-deniered GORE-TEX Pro fabrics for uncompromised, durable waterproofness and a wide range of breathability
- Technical fit has a slim torso and longer hem length that reduces bulk and stays put under a harness
- Optimal Visibility Hood with laminated visor provides exceptional coverage and visibility, and allows total range of unrestricted motion
- Touch Point System with embedded cord locks in hood and hem for quick-andeasy adjustment
- Gusseted underarm panels reduce lift when reaching overhead and have minimal pit zips for venting
- Two high single-pleat pockets with watertight, coated Slim Zips increase capacity without added seams; interior zip pocket
- Pleated Gasket Dry Cuffs with Tapered Tab design provide a secure low-profile wrist seal
Weight: 430 g (15.2 oz)
Material: Nylon GORE-TEX Pro fabric, 3-layer
Fit: This garment has a Regular Fit
Vendor ProductId: 83647
Review ProductId: 26900
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Alpine Climbing
- Wet weather
- Winter conditions
Comments about Patagonia Super Alpine Jacket (Men's):
Talk about a good first impression. Right after I got this jacket I was in the thick of it that was Super Storm/ Hurricane Sandy. In both the rain and the snow that it dumped on us it certainly proved its worth. Hands down my favorite thing about this jacket is the wrist gaskets...what a great addition. The fit is spot on as it is cut athletic but easy to layer underneath as the temps drop. At this point I have been through multiple Gore-tex Shells and this is my favorite so far. Its burly and is taking all the abuse I can give it. As a disclaimer I test products for the Gore company.