Capilene 2 Lightweight Bottoms (Men's)
In Stock Product Number: 20356
For a 4 a.m. alpine start, or a windy late-season snow day, Capilene 2 Lightweight Bottoms are your go-to baselayer. Made of an open-knit 100% polyester (43-59% recycled) they breathe, wick perspiration and dry in a flash, but also insulate beneath layers on chilly days. Details include a brushed elastic waistband for softness, gusseted crotch for unrestrained motion, a functional fly and offset side seams to eliminate chafe. Made of 3.6-oz Polartec Power Dry 100% polyester, with Polygiene permanent odor control and 20-UPF sun protection. Fabric is bluesign approved.
* This product does not qualify for shipping to all countries.
- Open knit promotes airflow, is inherently stretchy and provides excellent wicking for endurance activities in cool to moderate temperatures
- Our fastest-drying baselayer fabric insulates enough for use on chilly days and can be worn beneath other layers
- Elastic waistband brushed for next-to-skin softness
- Functional fly
- Gusseted crotch for unimpeded mobility
- Machine wash cold, tumble dry at low temperature
- 3.6-oz (102-g) Polartec Power Dry 100% polyester (solids: 59% recycled; heathers: 43% recycled) double knit, with Polygiene permanent odor control
Material: Polartec Power Dry, Polygiene
Season: S14 F14
Vendor ProductId: 44950
Review ProductId: 13928
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Retains Body Heat
- Thin under street clothes
- Wicks Away Moisture
- Outdoor Activities
- Under Clothes
Comments about Patagonia Capilene 2 Lightweight Bottoms (Men's):
I bought my Capilene 2 bottoms out of fear, fear of spending most of February in South Dakota. Moving in and out of doors, preflighting and refueling a helicopter, I didn't want bottoms that were too thick or bulky. The Capilene 2 and 3 both fit this bill. In temps down to 10 degrees F, The Capilene 2 was the clear winner. It was barely noticeable except that I was warm. But from +10 degrees F down to -20 degrees F, the Capilene 3 bottoms were better at keeping biting winds rolling off the South Dakota plains at bay.
I ended up exchanging my first pair of Capilene 2 bottoms for a size smaller than recommended on the sizing chart. The waist band and fit were too generous.
I found the Capiline 2 very versatile, light weight, easy to care for, and excellent for most of my applications.
- Feels too big
- Feels true to length