Product Number: 25928
The Momentum Series have been designed with the avid bicycle commuter in mind. Whether the commute is beating city traffic or on rural roads avoiding highway speeds, these packs offer practical solutions for the bike commute lifestyle. Features include an ultra-tight fitting raincover, blinky patch, U-lock pocket, hydration compatibility and a LidLockTM for quick helmet stow. For an easy transition to work day activities, features include a dedicated laptop sleeve, padded top and side briefcase handles, and a stowable harness and hipbelt ......The Momentum 26 provides ample storage for a change of clothes, laptop computer, and work necessities. The tuck away shoulder straps and harness along with padded handles allow the Momentum to convert to a briefcase style bag at the office.
- Built-in snug fitting high visibility raincover - An integrated, removable rain cover keeps contents dry in the most inclement weather.
- LidLockTM - Quickly attach a helmet to your Viper or Verve series pack with the LidLockTM.
- Separate, padded laptop sleeve with file sleeve - The internal laptop and document sleeve provide a safe, padded area to carry comfortably computers and paper files.
- Large cell phone pocket on shoulder strap – Cell phones and other electronic devices are kept in easy reach with the large phone pocket on the shoulder strap.
- Key pocket on shoulder strap with retractable key clip – A retractable key clip inside the shoulder strap key pocket means no more fumbling through the bottom of a pack to find your keys or keycard.
- U-Lock slot- A dedicated U-lock slot pocket is provided so that internal storage space is not impacted when carrying a lock.
- Two side compression straps - Two side compression straps keep the load compact and tight fitting for a more balanced ride.
- Padded top and side grab handles – The padded top and side grab handles provide convenient briefcase carry options.
- Tuck-away shoulder straps – The shoulder straps neatly tuck away transforming the Momentum backpack into a clean looking briefcase.
- Reflective print to front panel – Night time visibility is increased using reflective print on the front panel.
- Blinker light attachment - An attachment point is provided for blinker lights.
- Front stash pocket with organizer - A front stash pocket with organizer is provided for easy access to smaller essentials.
- Internal organizer for pump, tubes and tools - Internal sleeve pockets keep bike pumps, tools and spare parts organized and easy to get to.
- Momentum cell phone pocket - Cell phones and other electronic devices are kept in easy reach with the large phone pocket on the shoulder strap.
- Momentum expansion panel – The Momentum 34 is expandable to 42 liters of capacity using the zippered expansion panel.
- Momentum helmet attach 1 - Quickly attach a helmet to your Momentum series pack with the LidLockTM.
- Momentum helmet attach 2 – LidLockTM provides a convenient place to carry your helmet when it isn’t on your head.
- Momentum key pocket - A retractable key clip inside the shoulder strap key pocket means no more fumbling through the bottom of a pack to find your keys or keycard.
- Momentum laptop sleeve - The internal laptop and document sleeve provide a safe, padded area to carry comfortably computers and paper files.
- Momentum panel access – Easy access to the pack is provided through the front panel.
- Momentum U lock 1 - A dedicated U-lock slot pocket is provided so that internal storage space is not impacted when carrying a lock.
- Momentum zippered side pocket – Smaller necessities can be zipped away in the zippered side pockets on the Momentum 34.
- Momentum integrated rain cover - An integrated, removable rain cover keeps contents dry in the most inclement weather
Weight: S/M: 2 lbs.7 oz. (1.10 kg)
Dimensions: 19 x 12 x 8 in (48 x 30 x 20 cm)
Volume: S/M: 1440 cu. in. (24 L)
Vendor ProductId: 537026
Review ProductId: 25928
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Good compartments
- Great color bamboo
- No outer mesh for jacket
- Not much back ventilation
- Straps too long - no ties
- Sweaty back
- Daily commute any mode
Comments about Osprey Momentum 26:
I use this pack for my daily back-and-forth to work. Sometimes it's car, sometimes it's bus; haven't used it on a bike yet (which is it's main intent). It has a nice compartment for a laptop (MacPro 13 fits great - not sure how much larger would) and paper files. Separate large, open compartment for whatever has some nice organizer pockets near the top. Smaller front pocket also has some organizers. Built-in rain cover, which I haven't used yet, is a nice add. The mesh side compartments are large enough for my 1L Camelback bottle (one side) and a coffee thermos (other side). Key pocket on front of strap comes in handy. I'm very pleased with the Bamboo color - it's yellow with a tint of green and stands out from the crowd. If you don't want to stand out, go with the black - nobody will ever notice it.
There are a lot of straps on the pack, and there is no way to tie up the excess. I've seen other packs that have bands on the straps that you can use to fold and hold the excess - would have been a good touch. Guess I'll have to buy some separate velcro holds, or cut and resew the straps. For a pack intended for biking, it has poor back ventilation - it's a pretty much flat foam back that completely covers your back - the sweaty shirt syndrome occurs in full. Something like a Deuter airflow system would have been nice.
But I tried quite a few packs and this had the best combination of features for me. The Deuter Giga was too big, the Giga flat too small, the Gregory Miwak didn't have the right kind of organizers, the nicely-ventilated Ospreys are not designed well for office stuff, and so forth. Packs are a very personal thing, so you should try several - take them home, pack them up and try them on - you'll probably be able to tell in less than 10 minutes if you're going to like it.