Argon 85 Backpack
Product Number: 16392
The Argon 85 Backpack by Osprey is a fully featured backpack that provides awesome comfort for the serious backpacker. Constructed with the ReCurve suspension that consists of a breathable and padded AirScape backpanel with a tri-section 10mm ridged foam, and a central air chimney with a drop down lumbar hipbelt attachment.
The Argon has BioForm A/X Components with a dual density foam harness that provides softer cutouts in the neck and armpit regions, with a hipbelt that has internal seams for better comfort and less chafing for those long backcountry trips. Get your hipbelt custom heat molded with a custom dealer for the perfect fit for your body type and gender.
A comfortable, high capacity backpack that is easy to carry and work with when out on your adventure.
- Convertible top pocket/lumbar pack with AirScape lumbar pad.
- Ultralight 40d Sil Nylon AquaSource ReCurve - clips ito the pack to carry hydration vertically down the backpanel or accross the top of your pack. You can also use the sleeing pad straps to convert the AquaSource ReCurve into its own hydration pack!
- Vertical zip access into main body provides quick access to main pack compartment.
- Front Zippered pocket provides extra storage space.
- Large sleeping bag compartment with a stong #10 YKK Zipper and drop down divider
- Zippered easy access side pocket.
- Stretch woven front pocket is great for extra gear and clothing.
- Stretch woven side pockets provide multiple options for securing gear.
- Osprey Side Order compatible with laser cut attachment slots
Suspension: ReCurve Suspension
Vendor ProductId: 10385
Review ProductId: 16392
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Good Padding
- Good Suspension
- Highly Adjustable
- Large Capacity
- Extended Hikes
- Heavy Loads
Comments about Osprey Argon 85 Backpack:
Normally, when it comes to backpacking, I trend toward the ultralight end of the spectrum. There are two exceptions: times when I have to carry my own supply of water for several days, and times when I have to carry expedition gear in addition to my regular backpacking stuff.
Once I reach a certain threshold in regard to how much I need to carry, or how heavy it is, I focus primarily on how comfortable that massive load is going to be over the duration of my trip... even if it's at the expense of a pound or two. Without a doubt, the solution for these situations is my Osprey Argon 85.
It has the most comfortable hipbelt I've ever used, but the real trick is Osprey's "recurve" suspension; the two aluminum stays arc away from the body and back to the hips. This unique setup is obvious when you look at the sides of the pack, and the result is an incredibly effective load transfer when compared to other high-capacity backpacks.
Osprey is known for exceptional fit and comfort across their backpacking line, and this one is at the very top of that line. It's so stable and comfortable, I use it any time I have to leave home with a load of more than 40 pounds. I've carried 65-75 pounds in this pack on many occasions and have never felt any unnecessary discomfort or pressure points.
In fact, I don't think I've ever reached a point where I'd call this pack "full," it seems like I could always release the compression straps a bit and cram more gear in there if necessary. There's room for everything but the kitchen sink, and if you really NEEDED the kitchen sink you could probably bring it without breaking your back along the way.
The only downside is weight, but competing packs in this size range are every bit as heavy while skimping on features and suspension. The Osprey Argon 85 is highly, highly recommended.
- What Is Your Gear Style:
- Was this a gift?: