Drifter 3 Tent (3 Person) (out-of-stock)
Out of Stock Product Number: 29255
The Mountain Hardwear Drifter 3 Tent is Quick and easy to pitch, guaranteed watertight and made with legendary Mountain Hardwear quality. Two side doors for easy access and two large vestibules stow gear.? Mesh canopy for great ventilation, with privacy panels below.? Strong DAC aluminum poles. Color coded poles and grommet tabs and reflective starter points make even late-night set up easy.? Superlight option: pitch with fly and Pitch Light? footprint to shave pounds.
* This product does not qualify for shipping to all countries.
- UPDATED: DAC Pressfit poles.
- Industry leading DAC Pressfit poles.
- Guaranteed watertight construction with fully taped fly, taped perimeter seam, welded corners and welded guy clip anchors. Rain room tested with 1200" of rain in 24 hours.
- Pitch Light configuration allows user to set up a superlight shelter using only the tent fly, poles and footprint (sold separately)
- Two mesh/canopy doors with dual-slider zipper for easy entry and exit
- Reflective guy-out loops, starter point and zipper pulls for easy set-up at night
- Bar tacks on grommet tabs are color coded to poles for easy set up
- Mesh storage pockets
- Gear loft (included) provides convenient storage
- Packed Length: 26"
- Vestibules: 2
- Doors: 2
- Tent Type: 3 Season Camping
- Pitch Light Weight: 3 lb. 13 oz.; 1.73 kg.
- Pack Weight: 5 lb. 15 oz.; 2.67 kg.
- Interior Peak: 47"; 119 cm
- Floor Area: 43 sq. ft.; 4.0 m2
- Vestibule Area: 10 sq. ft. 0.9 m2
- Pole Number: 2
- Packed Diameter: 7"
Weight: Min Weight: 5 lb. 3 oz.; 2.35 kg.
Material: 70D Nylon Taffeta, 20D Nylon Knit Mesh
Tent Season: 3
Tent Capacity: 3
Vendor ProductId: OU9600
Review ProductId: 29255
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy to setup
- Car Camping
Comments about Mountain Hardwear Drifter 3 Tent (3 Person):
Finally got a chance to take my tent out last weekend, a group of three of us went to the Smokey Mtns for a little fishing. I originally bought this tent for a 2 people (at 6'2" I enjoy a little extra space) but it just so happened that on this trip there were three of us. We set up camp early in the afternoon and went fishing for a few hours in which we got absolutely dumped on for about half an hour. Soaked, we returned to camp to find the tent completely dry. Luckily for us the rain stopped and we all didn't have to spend the whole night huddled inside playing cards or whatnot (as with a lot of backpacking tents head height is limited to sitting up).
The three of us fit in the tent... comfortably... well no one slept ontop of anyone else and there were no "awkward" moments so I would say it could be used for 3 people. The one concern came in the morning when I realized that even though we were dry and warm the fly had developed some condensation and the temp probably dropped only into the 40s. I know that the Smokey Mtns are usually pretty damp especailly in the spring, but that will be something that I keep my eye on.
Overall this is a great starter tent. Maybe a little heavier than more expensive tents, but for the best bang for your buck this tent delivers. As for comparisons, I know my friend has the North Face Rock 22 and for about the same weight this tent delivers much more space. Another feature that cannot be overlooked is the two doors & vestibules - an absolute must for me, no one wants someone else rolling ontop of you when they have to go pee at 3 in the morning.