Roxanne Zobava, Rock/Creek Race Team
Number of years running: 6 years
Location: Atlanta, GA
Favorite trail race(s):
R/C Lookout Mountain 50-miler, TransRockies stage race in CO, The North Face 50-miler in CA, Moab Red Hot in UT
Favorite trails to train on:
Lookout Mountain in Chattanooga is a amazing place to train. Anywhere in Colorado! Moab has some of the best trails and views! I enjoy single track, runnable trails with a lot of elevation gain and descending.
Favorite trail running shoe(s):
Salomon XR Mission
Lifelong running goals:
I want to be able to run and enjoy running until I’m at least 70! I also have the goal of running an ultra on every continent.
I started in my early 20’s with all-natural bodybuilding. Then I took up training and racing triathlons. I decided to start running when I was 29, and I just wanted to run a marathon before I turned 30. After the marathon, I hooked up with some people who ran trails and ultras… I have been hooked ever since. Running has been such an amazing part of my life. I have been able to travel and see the world through running, and in the process make the best of friends!
- Started the year at Mt. Mist 50k, finished 3rd place
- Then I went to Moab Utah to run Red Hot 33k… again 3rd place!
- Volunteered at the 3-day Chattanooga Mountains stage race
- In July, I ran the Vail half marathon (which is a 15-miler, straight up!) …happy to finish that one! 14th AG
- August was the TransRockies Run3, finished 3rd place
- Sawtooth100 in Minnesota in September, 2nd place women open… HARDEST RACE EVER! Sawtooth challenged me like I’ve never been challenged before. I was mentally a little fried so I decided not to race for the rest of the year.
- In November, I ran R2R2R at the Grand Canyon (42-ish miles). Bucket list!!!
Proudest running accomplishments:
Finishing every race I have entered. Making it thru Sawtooth 100 was really the toughest runs mentally I have ever had. I was VERY proud of myself to have finished. Running the Grand Canyon was the most amazing run thus far.
Planned races for 2012:
Already in 2012, I’ve run the Harbison 50k (placed 4th) and the Hogpen hill climb 18k in GA (first in my age group). In February, I’ll be going to CO to run some snowshoe races at the Teva games. I’m looking to run the Double Top 100k in March and do a big run in Zion National Park in May. Beyond that, I’m still searching for other great places to travel to and run/race!