Product Number: 25677
The Gridlock Screwgate by Black Diamond is a belay-specific carabiner. With its revolutionary, patent-pending design made possible by Black Diamond's in-house hot forge, the Black Diamond GridLock Screwgate eliminates the dangers of cross loading. Designed specifically for belaying, the intuitive, easy-to-use GridLock isolates the belay loop behind its uniquely shaped gate, thereby keeping the carabiner in its proper orientation. The GridLock's I-beam spine transitions into a large, rounded rope-bearing surface for maximum strength and smooth rope feeding. Simply put, you'll never have to deal with a shifting, cross-loaded belay carabiner again.
* This product does not qualify for shipping to all countries.
- Hot-forged construction
- Patent-pending design eliminates cross loading while belaying
- I-beam spine transitions into a rounded, large rope-bearing surface
- Intuitive and easy-to-use design
- Screwgate sleeve
- Closed Gate Strength : 22 kN (4.946 lb/f)
- Open Gate Strength : 8 kN (1,798 lb/f)
- Minor Axis Strength : 7 kN (1,574 lb/f)
- Gate Opening : 21 mm (.83 in)
- For safety and/or sanitary reasons, this product CANNOT be returned
Weight: 76 g (2.7 oz)
Vendor ProductId: 210257
Review ProductId: 25677
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Sport Climbing
- Not versitile
- One use
- Sport Climbing
Comments about Black Diamond Gridlock Screwgate:
This carabiner is not what I expected. It felt like it just took space on my harness. It has no other function than to belay therefore it is not very versitile. In my opinion just stick with a normal screwlocking carabiner. I took it off my harness.